If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Phillies and the community we’ve built here at The Good Phight. Here’s your opportunity to become a bigger part of our community.
The Good Phight is hiring a new site manager. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
This is a part-time, remote, contract role compensated with a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Phillies storylines and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Phillies and will already be familiar with The Good Phight.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any writing and/or management experience, a cover letter that explains why you want to join the team at The Good Phight, and a baseball-related writing sample. You must submit all three items as specified via the Vox Media Careers page to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about this role or the application process, reach out to SB Nation’s Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands at email@example.com.
SB Nation and The Good Phight are committed to bringing you coverage of the Phillies from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your background and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the ability to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.