Remember those days when you were small, when during Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate, there was that one present that was really big and looked awesome, but when you opened it was just socks? Yeah, yesterday felt like that.
- The Phillies’ 2020 schedule has an interesting change this year, one I’m sure locals will not complain about.
- Because it’s a slow news day, I guess we still have to talk about this guy.
- Hall of Fame season is in full swing, so let’s talk about Phillies. Not just any Phillies. I mean TRUE Phillies.
- Matt Gelb ($) has an article looking at the internal bullpen options, something the team is likely to turn towards.
- Yesterday, we heard rumors of a major trade between the Cardinals and Rays that got baseball all excited because of one of the names that got leaked out. Turns out - it’s not all that interesting.
- It’s salary arbitration avoidance season too! Several players have avoided the arduous process by agreeing to a deal for the 2020. You can find them all here, but by name:
Michael A. Taylor
- Statcast has a new toy for us to play around with. Welcome to the age of Outs Above Average!
- The Astros also made a trade, but again - kind of an “eh” trade. Of course that guy will probably get Cy Young votes this year....
- If you didn’t see this, watch this video. It’s insane.
- An interesting look at scouts during this time of talking about minor league contraction.
- God bless those Reds. They’re certainly trying everything they can to be competitive. It must be nice to have an active front office.
- If the Mets move on from Jed Lowrie. they’ll have to send someone else with him.
Have a great weekend!