Every day is one day closer to spring training. That makes every day a good day. So long as you don’t come across certain Philadelphia mascots. They could take matters into their own hands if you aren’t careful.
- The team made some signings today, inking Francisco Liriano to a minor league deal that could net him around $2.5 million if he makes the team and hits incentives. They also signed Neil Walker to a minor league deal to compete for a bench spot. Gotta love that 26th man.
- You’re probably like me, thinking that with Cesar Hernandez gone, Scott Kingery should play his natural position every day, moving Jean Segura to third. Well my friend, Joe Girardi happens to disagree with your idea.
- The Phillies must go after Nolan Arenado. MUST, I say!
- Who’s gonna make up the big league rotation next year? Well, I can think of at least 3 guys almost guaranteed to make it. What about the other two?
- The Mets are the first of the sign-stealing affected teams to hire a new manager after firing their old one. Luis Rojas will lead Carlos Beltran’s staff next year at Citi Field.
- Alex Gordon is coming back to Kansas City, agreeing to a one year deal with the only organization he’s ever known. I can’t tell - is Gordon’s career underrated or overrated?
- Speaking of Arenado, if a team wants to get him, they’ll have to surrender at least some highly rated MLB players.
- Man, who’s still left? Brock Holt? Well, at least someone wants him
Hearing Blue Jays have shown interest in Brock Holt, who is still a free agent. @nightengalejr said Reds were involved as well.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 22, 2020
Unlikely there's still a spot in Boston for Holt with Peraza in the fold.
- Weirdly, Nicholas Castellanos is still out there.
Reds, who have already had a big winter, remain a player for Nick Castellanos. Rangers among others in.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) January 23, 2020