There will always be players that divide a fanbase. For the Eagles, they’ve always got Donovan. Even more recently, there was the Foles camp and the Wentz camp. It inspires debate when you chose someone who think will be awesome no matter how many times they demonstrate that no, no they won’t be. In baseball, there will always be that one powerful, thunderous hit that the batter hits, or that knee buckling curveball that a pitcher throws where we as fans nod in approval, our initial takes validated by that one moment frozen in time. Why do I talk about this? Well, one of the players that inspired such debate in the Phillies blogosphere is back in the bigs.
- Meghan Montemurro ($) has a piece where the framework for the last spot in the rotation and the looming bullpen battle is set.
- And you thought your Phillies never cheated. That’s a bunch of malarkey <hoot, hoot, hoot>.
- The odds for the Phillies winning the 2020 World Series are out.
- Think the Astros’ players need to apologize for their stealing of signs? Scott Boras doesn’t think so ($).
- What’s the best way to get fans to believe in the game again? Why, robot umpires of course!
- Because of course.
- The Braves did a good thing by signing Marcell Ozuna, and now, his buddies still on the market can feel better.
- An interview with Alex Anthopoulos and why he has done what he has done.
- And finally, our old friend, Darin Ruf, is back from Korea. Mark it down - he will hit two home runs against the Phillies this year.