Sometimes, sports can be just cruel. Yet nothing is as cruel as real life. Yesterday was obviously a very sad one in the sports world, as NBA legend Kobe Bryant and four others, including his 13 year-old daughter, lost their lives in a helicopter crash. Bryant obviously had local ties to the city, but his death is a reminder that everyone has their time and we don’t know when it will come. Just make sure you are always surrounding yourself with loved ones.
- Over the weekend, MLB Network continued their look at the who is the best in game RIGHT NOW at each position. This was the time when they got to the catchers and boyyyyyyyyyyyyy was this writer hot.
Hi we’re MLB Network and we do a show about how good players have been over the past two seasons. Here’s a stat on how good JTR has been over the past THREE seasons.......but we’re still gonna rank someone else over him anyway. https://t.co/eGOcfiY8sb— Ethan Witte (@ethan_witte) January 26, 2020
Now look, this is no knock against Yasmani Grandal and it’s also probably the most glaring bit of homerism I’ve got. But c’mon.
- Joe Posnanski at the Athletic ($) is doing a top 100 MLB players of all time and over the weekend, it was Lefty’s turn. A very worthwhile read.
- The team landed three prospects inside of MLB.com’s top 100 this weekend. Alec Bohm (30), Spencer Howard (34), and Bryson Stott (87) were the names. For some reason, Stott just feels like a breakout guy to me.
- Here are some storylines that will shape the NL East in 2020.
- We’re starting to see some of the Dodgers’ opinions about the sign stealing scandals that arguably cost them the last two World Series.