It’s getting difficult as this offseason trudges on. We’re definitely in the doldrums of the winter, where not much is happening since most of the big free agents have already signed, there being only one remaining. He’ll probably sign soon, but who knows anymore. Sure, we’re seeing some little signings here and there, but we need something earth-shaking. Do it, Klentak.
- The team rounded out their coaching staff Monday, finishing off one of the things on their checklist.
- Jim Salisbury takes a look at the upcoming arbitration cases that the team has.
- One of the biggest storylines headed into the new season is if the new hitting coach can get Rhys Hoskins back on track.
- The Reds have made their signing of Shogo Akiyama official, inking the Japanese outfielder to a 3 year/$21 million contract.
- The Nationals continue to bolster their bench and bullpen, signing Daniel Hudson (2/$11M) and Eric Thames (1/$4M) in the same day. Color me unimpressed.
- The Orioles signed Jose Iglesias to shore up their middle infield defense, which should help them be less of an embarrassment to the game this coming season.
- You think all these moves by the Nationals have closed the doors to Josh Donaldson? I say “nay!” and so does the team.