In all of this talk about the season moving forward, it’s sometimes nice to remember the good things we have. The Phillies really do have a nice core of players that any team would want. Bryce Harper, Alec Bohm, Aaron Nola and Zack Wheeler form a group that one can build with. If Matt Klentak is let go this weekend, the new general manager coming in isn’t going to have to start over from scratch. Sure the job will be be tough, especially with so many large decisions looming over the organization, but it’s not all negative. There are still some good things in this city.
Unless you are someone who sees the team as trying to take away your idea that you sold years ago.
On to the links!
- We speak all the time about the Phillies’ player development program and how little it has turned out. Jim Salisbury writes about one player who has gone on to great things, only with another team.
- Remember when you thought the Phillies’ legal battle over the Phanatic was over? Yeah, it’s not.
- For all you history buffs out there, here’s a nice profile on the old Athletics owner Ben Shibe.
- Trevor Bauer is a free agent this offseason and the apple of many a team’s eye. However, it’s probably not going to be Atlanta.
- You’ve seen these games where the announcers are interviewing players during the game that is happening. Well, Dave Roberts isn’t having it anymore.
- Perhaps the prize of the 2021-22 free agent class is going to be Francisco Lindor. He spoke about his future and boy does he have some things to say ($).
- Ken Giles underwent Tommy John surgery, which could be an issue for the pending free agent. While he could be a decent target to get on a two-year deal where the team rehabs him, then hopes his 2022 season works out for him, I’d have a hard time believing the team could give a player guaranteed money for 2021 who won’t pitch, yet will struggle to come up with years/money for J.T. Realmuto. Stranger things have happened!