Game one is in the books for the 2020 edition of the World Series. You know, I’m already tired of the David vs. Goliath comparisons of this series. It’s not like the Rays aren’t some plucky team that’s riding a hot streak to a potential championship. They’re a really well run organization that has found a secret formula to winning that other teams have not been able to duplicate. While we know they don’t spend on players, that doesn’t mean they aren’t spending on other, more secretive areas of their team like R&D departments, advanced scouting, etc. They’re good; let’s make sure people know that.
On to the links.
- Meghan Montemurro gave us a mailbag ($) to discuss, but the one that caught my eye was her discussing Odubel Herrera.
- It is possible that to fill coaching vacancies, Joe Girardi will be looking at his old stomping grounds.
- The Phillies are looking up at both World Series participants. Way, way up.
- Where will J.T. Realmuto’s contract end up? That’s the biggest question of the offseason.
- Jeff Luhnow is talking about the Astros’ sign stealing scandal and seems to want to point as many fingers as possible at as many people as possible. And some of you folks actually want that clown here.
- Remember how David Price opted out of the Dodgers’ season? He’s ok with it even as they enter the World Series.
- Rob Manfred wants to keep some aspects of the 2020 season intact. Shut up, Rob Manfred.
- The Nationals have a pitching coach. Yeah, but do they have a general mana—oh they do? Oh.
- Yadier Molina wants a two-year deal. I forgot he was even a free agent.