Man, that was some weekend of baseball.
Game 4 saw one of the craziest endings in a game ever, let alone a playoff game. Watching the comedy of errors that ensued on that last play of the game, you have to wonder what was going through the minds of both managers. For Tampa, Kevin Cash was down to his last strike and faced a daunting 3-1 hole to the Dodgers. For Los Angeles, Dave Roberts would’ve been another step closer to finally leading the team to the promised land he had worked so hard to prevent with some head scratching managerial decisions. Then it was all flipped on its head like Will Smith flipped the ball out of his glove for some reason.
On to the links.
- The topic of re-signing Didi Gregorius has been talked about a lot already this offseason. This weekend, he spoke about it himself, including his former team and their potential interest.
- More cuts to the baseball staff this weekend, this time to the scouting staff.
- Here are some rumors here about the Phillies you might like to peruse.
- The Phillies were involved this weekend with the community, doing the same goodwill stuff they always do.
- There were a lot of rule changes this year in MLB. Here is the final verdict on each one and whether it should be here for the long-term or not.
- There were some conflicting reports concerning former Astros employees. First, from Bill Madden, there were allegations that Mike Elias was involved in some kind of pension fraud. Then the Orioles, the team Elias currently runs, issued a statement denying it all. Interesting.