On Thursday night, three teams earned spots in the league championship series, as the Astros, Braves, and Dodgers won games to close out their series. The final series will be decided on Friday night as the Yankees and Rays will play a winner-take-all game five.
- RIP to Kim Batiste, who turned in one of the most memorable postseason performances in Phillies history.
- The Phillies need to find answers for their bullpen next season, but Adam Morgan won’t be one of them. The lefty reliever will require elbow surgery.
- After three years as a major leaguer, what do we really know about Scott Kingery?
- After disposing of the Marlins, the Atlanta Braves are headed to the NLCS for the first time in 19 years.
- Cheaters never win? The Houston Astros defeated the Oakland A’s to advance to the ALCS for the fourth straight year.
- The Padres were simply no match for the Dodgers who concluded the NLDS sweep with a 12-3 thrashing.
- The final spot in the ALCS is yet to be determined as the Yankees and Rays are tied at two games apiece. Friday night’s game will decide it, and the Yankees will get their first real chance to see if Gerrit Cole is worth the money.