You have to be left feeling bad for poor Rick Renteria. Guy does a magnificent job with the White Sox only to get canned for someone upper management feels is better, a repeat of what happened to him with the Cubs. The first time was more understandable than this, especially in light of what happened yesterday. Hopefully he gets another shot at being a manager because he’s not a bad one!
On to the links:
- Alec Bohm finished second in Rookie of the Year voting, tying with Jake Cronenworth but having more first place votes.
- When it comes to George Springer - sure, the team will make the necessary inquiries. But don’t expect the interest to go much further from there.
- Devin Williams won the NL Rookie of the Year, while Kyle Lewis was the unanimous Rookie of the Year in the American League.
- Tony La Russa was arrested for a DUI the day before he was hired as White Sox manager. Good job, Reinsdorf.
- Lots of questions about what the contracts will look like this offseason.
- The Angels seem to be wrapping up their GM search.
- Charlie Morton is generating a lot of interest very early in free agency. The Phillies should, you know, look into that.