At last, we know who the MVPs are. In this shortened season, you’d be hard pressed to find two guys more deserving than Freddie Freeman and Jose Abreu.
Unless that guy was Ryan Tepera.
Anyway, both players were deserving of the honor, ending an awards season that didn’t find too many things to complain about. Devin Williams and 27 innings as the rookie of the year? Sure why not. Don Mattingly, allowing the Marlins to take the field with positive coronavirus tests, as manager of the year? Alright.
It’s 2020 after all.
On to the links.
- Another day, another national writer beginning to see what kind of a mess the Phillies are right now, especially in the light of what the other National League East teams are doing.
- Expect to see this rumor a lot in the coming weeks and months. A lot.
- Perhaps this pitcher could be the free agent target that the Phillies focus on.
- As stated before, Freeman and Abreu are the MVPs of the year.
- Should pitchers ever win the MVP? Well, it’s complicated.
- Just who do we think is going to be the first big name free agent to land a contract this offseason? These guys think they know.
- Looks like the White Sox are going to let the legal process play out when it comes to Tony La Russa and his DUI charge before deciding what steps to take next.
- The Angels have decided on a general manager, naming Perry Minasian to the post. Weird how a guy would just up and move his family in the middle of this pandemic to get a better job.
- Gary Sanchez is probably on the trading block.
- Why is Sanchez available? Probably because the Yankees are looking elsewhere to upgrade at catcher.