We’ve reached the point in the offseason where not a whole lot is going to happen. It’s before the winter meetings (virtual as they may be) are scheduled and lots of people aren’t exactly talking in person, what with a pandemic raging. So the Zoom links are being shared and agents are texting and players are probably enjoying finally getting to watch the Masters as it happens instead of having to wait for the results. It’s a slow time for news in the baseball world, so people start making things up. Now is the time when you’ll see wild rumors start about someone searching for this amount of money, or this many years. Always make sure that the name you are retweeting has a blue check mark, boys and girls. Don’t get tripped up. And always remember this:
At least we aren’t the Eagles.
On to the links.
- Probably the biggest news over the weekend was the Marlins hiring Kim Ng, so naturally people are going to get a woman’s perspective on it, particularly those that are already working inside the game. Scott Lauber talked to a familiar name to those who have been part of the Phillies blogging community - Corinne Landrey.
- So apparently, after rousting each from their midwinter nap, the front office has finally decided to start figuring out who’s going to steer this ship($).
- Here are some options that could help the beleaguered bullpen.
- Remember those Gary Sanchez rumors? Yep, here are some packages that might get him, including one from the Phillies. Would you do it?
- Former Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda has been hospitalized with health issues.
- Kim Ng continues to be the biggest story of the past few days. Here’s hoping she finds success...but not too much, of course. Maybe just keep doing wild cards for now.
- Hall of Fame ballots go out, and that means it’s debate season!
- MLB planning on having fans in 2021.
- Jake Odorizzi’s market is rather robust for so early in the year.
- Ha-Seong Kim will probably be posted for teams to submit bids on after Thanksgiving.