It’s amazing, isn’t it?
One day, most Phillies coverage is lamenting the fact that the team isn’t doing much at all to gain a sense of self at the top of their baseball operations, the next day all of a sudden there are names being bandied about. It’s really remarkable.
All I have to say is: you’re welcome.
I am taking full responsibility for the team finally starting to do something because we have been vocal in our displeasure for their sloth-like pace. So yes, you can thank me.
On to the links.
- One of the names that has all of a sudden surfaced is the former Marlins general manager. He’d be a good fit.
- Here are some Phillies that have a case to make the Hall of Fame. Dick Allen should be in, plain and simple.
- Should Middleton be looking at his old stomping grounds to hire his president? Short answer: no.
- Good news: Mike Clevinger signed a two-year deal. Bad news: he’s out for 2021 with Tommy John surgery.
- The Hall of Fame ballot was released today with not many deserving newly on it. It’s time to put Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and yes - Curt Schilling - in the Hall.
- Potential Phillies target Drew Smyly has signed a one year, $11 million deal with the Braves. A smart signing by Atlanta.
- The Phillies could have a reunion with one of the Baby Aces. He’d be a good fit, that’s for sure.
- The Mets have eyes on one of the bigger bats available this offseason.
- Want to fix your bullpen? How about adding one of the bigger arms available in trade?