We all know that the offseason is going to be slow. It’s an inevitability when all you hear from the executive end of season meetings is that there will be payroll cuts and the like, so we’re going to brace ourselves yet again for a long few months where there is very little news happening each day. It’ll be interesting what offers you do hear about and what gets leaked, but for now, don’t plan on hearing too much of the good stuff any time soon.
On to the links!
- Andy MacPhail gave his end of season presser and boy did it inject some life into this fanbase. And by “inject some life”, I meant “took any remaining wind out of the sails of these fans.
- The expected qualifying offer was sent to J.T. Realmuto, while Didi Gregorius did not receive one.
- If the Phillies want to spend this offseason, here is where they can look at.
- Why can’t the Phillies win? They can’t draft.
- Realmuto was among the six players that did receive the qualifying offer. Kevin Gausman should sign his before Farhan Zaidi finds out who hacked his email.
- The Red Sox are looking far and wide at their managerial candidates. Apparently, honesty and integrity aren’t necessary in the qualifications.
- The Winter Meetings as an in-person event are cancelled.