In our post Thanksgiving haze, we stumble around the interwebs to try and bring you some of the news, notes and rumors that find. Some are fun (the Blue Jays might spend!), some are not (the Phillies), but here we are.
On to the links:
- As you’re probably aware, the Phillies laid off more than 80 employees over the holiday weekend.
- Still dreaming of hiring Theo Epstein? Keep dreaming. He’s turned them down. Unless Epstein got a “keys to the kingdom” type deal that included an ownership stake, he was never going to come here.
- The Blue Jays are possibly going to be building a new place to call home.
- Trevor Williams is now a free agent after declining a minor league assignment and could make for an interesting buy low candidate to grab some depth for the rotation.
- The Mets are going to be swimming the free agent waters rather than get swindled again on the trade market.
- Are the Blue Jays really going for it? Seems like it since they and George Springer are doing a little dance together right now.