The big news in Philadelphia for the whole week concerned the quarterback change for the Eagles. Football will always be the dominant sport in the city, so when another team can take the spotlight from them, even for a day, it’s a big deal.
The Phillies made that big deal yesterday when it was leaked that Dave Dombrowski was going to be named the president of baseball operations. We’ll have much, much more on this move in the coming days, but hey - at least they did something.
On to the links.
- You know what the theme is here, right? Here is the initial take from The Athletic ($).
- Not only will this affect the Phillies (duh.), but it also affects their rival of the offseason, the Mets.
- Guess what? Not only does this affect the Phillies, (again - duh), but it also has a shift on the free agent market.
- This hiring gives the team hope for 2021, something that was lacking in the past few weeks.
- There were other things that happened yesterday, including a very interesting trade.
- Speaking of the Rays, their owner spoke yesterday for the first time since the World Series and boy is he a bad, bad dude.
- Remember Jake Diekman? He’s on track to be the new A’s closer.
- The Rule 5 draft happened yesterday and the Phillies did something.