While Dave Dombrowski prepares to address the Phillies’ most glaring need (it’s the bullpen in case you haven’t been paying attention), there are also rumors that one of his former players in Boston could potentially join him in Philadelphia. And they even signed a catcher in free agency, only it wasn’t the one you probably wanted them to sign.
- Repairing the Phillies’ bullpen might be Dave Dombrowski’s greatest challenge yet.
- The Phillies have shown interest in free agent outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr. How would the former Red Sox All-Star fit in Philadelphia?
- The Phillies signed a free agent catcher! Unfortunately, it wasn’t the one you were hoping for.
The Phillies signed catcher Christian Bethancourt to a minor-league deal with an invite to big-league camp, according to a source. Team badly needs upper-minors depth at catcher. #hotstove— Matt Gelb (@MattGelb) December 15, 2020
- ESPN+ ($) ranks the biggest star each MLB franchise has ever traded. Their choice for the Phillies? Pete Alexander over 100 years ago!
- Between the upcoming name change and the plans to cut salary, these have not been happy times for many Cleveland Indians fans.
- Now that the Redskins and Indians names are going away, could the Atlanta Braves be the next sports team to choose a new moniker?
- Former Phillie Jered Eickhoff once looked like he had a bright future before injuries derailed his career. He’ll attempt to revive his career with the Mets in 2021.
The #Mets also have signed veteran right-handed pitcher Jerad Eickhoff to a minor-league deal that will pay him $1.25 million if he makes their big-league team with $750,000 in incentives.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) December 15, 2020
- When is the 2021 season going to begin? That’s a good question.