Today is kind a big deal. With all of baseball seemingly on a financial lockdown, lots of players could be nontendered today as a result of the teams not wanting to pay the salaries that are projected. We’ve already seen the Phillies make a move to avoid this, but they have several decisions to make today.
On to the links.
- The Phillies and Seranthony Dominguez avoided this whole mess by reportedly agreeing to a contract for 2021. Considering that Dominguez isn’t projected to pitch until late in the season, this is a wise move on his part.
- It seems that perhaps someone has jumped to the front of the line in regards to the team’s search for a general manager.
- I don’t usually like to point out crazy trade ideas, but this one is....something.
- As stated previously, nontender decisions are due. You can keep refreshing this page to see the latest moves.
- The Mets struck yesterday to spend some cash, reeling in Trevor May for a 2 year/$15 million deal.
- Mike Minor’s deal with the Royals? 2 years/$18 million. For real.
- Eddie Rosario has hit waivers ahead of likely being nontendered. This would be something the Phillies should look into, but hey, who am I?