Another day, another lost opportunity of news.
<pokes baseball with stick> C’mon MLB....do something.
On to the links.
- Hey guess what! If the Phillies ain’t signin’ J.T. Realmuto, they ain’t spendin’ money! Great!
- Whether you agree with the decision to re-sign Realmuto or not, there has to be two paths to roster construction: either with him or without him ($).
- Here are a lot of the questions surrounding the 2021 MLB season, including how many games are being talked about. I’m skeptical for a 162 game season. I’m betting more on 130-140.
- 2019 World Series hero Howie Kendrick has decided to call it a career. Good for him. He was an underrated player while with the Angels. Nice to see him getting some due.
- Tony La Russa pled guilty to a lesser charge involving his latest DUI arrest, yet somehow he still keeps his job.
- In that previous Passan article, he talks about the burgeoning market for Jurickson Profar. He’d actually make some sense for the Phillies as a guy who could help cover multiple positions, but he’s likely going to be priced out of their range.
- Also mentioned was how it looks like the George Springer sweepstakes are going to come down to two teams. USA! USA!