Yesterday, if you recall, I implored the team to do something of consequence and they went and hired a general manager. You’re welcome.
It’s fair to wonder what exactly Fuld will be handling as the general manager. Obviously, all baseball decisions will stop at Dave Dombrowski; they didn’t pay him $5 million to pass the buck. Who is he, Andy MacPhail? It’s likely that Fuld will do a lot of the legwork on negotiations, trade talks, free agency chatter, but Dombrowski will make the final decisions with significant input from Fuld. It’s a good working relationship between the two as one will probably focus more on the analytical side of things while the other is more of a scouting person. It’s the mix that the team should want.
On to the links.
- Sounds like Fuld is really happy to be the general manager of this team. Should be interesting.
- One of the first things that the new leadership has to decide on is what to do about J.T. Realmuto and it sounds like they are already beginning those talks.
- It’s important that they have at least touched base since we are entering that time where fans start to get nervous about what is going to happen.
- The Mets and Noah Syndergaard have settled on a 2021 contract at just a shade under $10 million.
- The half-brother of Yoenis Cespedes has signed with the Chicago White Sox. It’s a $2 million deal.
- Want to see what the price is on a former top prospect that flopped in his first go ‘round at the majors? Check in with the Nationals.
- Don’t look now, but the Cubs look like they’re trying to shed some payroll.