The Phillies have made some moves this offseason. After all, they named a new president of baseball operations, a new general manager and almost completely changed the course of the franchise. No small feat.
And yet they’re about to be dwarfed in the baseball world by the Padres.
Now, these two teams are in completely different spots. One is on the upward trend, shifting from rebuilding team to true contender. The other is just now getting its bearings as to what it wants to be. Even with the Phillies finally figuring out what they want to do, it still induces a little jealousy when a team actually improves the on field product to the extent the Padres are about to.
On to the links.
- One of the Phillies’ top prospects was a clear winner during the holidays.
- Meghan Montemurro ($) answered some mailbag questions the other day at The Athletic.
- The Padres, acquiring Blake Snell on Sunday night, added to their infield yesterday, signing Ha-Seong Kim to a reported four-year deal.
- Let’s look at some grades on the Snell deal since we all love grades.
- After the Padres traded for Blake Snell, looks like they’re not done adding to their rotation. Next up - Yu Darvish.
- Darvish isn’t the only pitcher that has generated interest. Several teams are turning their eyes to Pittsburgh.