Today we bid adieu to the worst year that many of us will experience in our lifetime. I don’t need to run down all of the things that went wrong - you’ve heard them enough. Many of us lost loved ones either due to the coronavirus pandemic or to other problems. We haven’t been able to be live like humans are meant to live, but we will come out stronger on the other side.
Until then, I can think of only one way to put it.
F*** you, 2020.
On to the links.
- Obviously the bigger news in Phillies land is the acquisition of Jose Alvarado. Here is why this is a big deal for the team.
- If the team is going to win, they’re gonna have to win these types of bets more often than they lose ($).
- Speaking of low risk signings that might turn into something, the Phillies added one of the more heralded international signings of the past 20 years on a minor league deal.
- The Cubs talked about their reasoning behind the Yu Darvish trade. Maybe they shouldn’t have talked.
- Surprisingly enough, MLB has stated publicly that there will be no line jumping to access the COVID vaccine.
- The Blake Snell trade is official and he spoke about his excitement of getting to maybe pitch past the 5th inning in 2021! Oh the joy!