Yesterday was the big day as all the news that was happening about nontenders and what the team’s philosophy looks like was coming out. Naturally a lot of that discussion was the surprise over the team’s decision to tender a contract to Vince Velasquez, but there was still some talk about Seranthony Dominguez. Is it wise to keep the righthander on a guaranteed contract to rehab his broken elbow? It looks strange when they cry poor about re-signing J.T. Realmuto, yet will throw (even a measly) ~$720K at a pitcher to not even pitch until maybe August, at best.
And even then, will he be the Seranthony we remember?
On to the links.
- Here are some stories from some of the people that the Phillies let go. It’s an enjoyable read.
- Here are some newly made free agents that the Phillies should be interested in.
- The Hall of Fame case for Chase Utley should get a little goose on the bottom now that Robinson Cano won’t be going anywhere near Cooperstown.
- The team’s decisions on Wednesday should plot the course for the rest of their offseason ($).
- Here’s one prospect from each team that could be their biggest trade chip.
- Good news for the Phillies - seems the Mets are making a push to land James McCann as their backstop.
- Now that the nontender deadline has come and gone, here are some things to learn from Fangraphs.
- The A’s are filling out their coaching staff.
- The Yankees could have their eyes on a new left fielder.
- The Blue Jays continue to dominate the rumor mill, adding Marcell Ozuna to their already extensive list.