It’s almost time, friends. It’s almost time to get your daily popping of mitts, pitchers calmly and collectedly walking over hurdles, and equipment bags shown in the foreground of a picture that displays green grass and bright sunshine. It’s spring training. It’s here and it’s glorious.
- Want a ranking of every arm and catcher that will begin throwing? Sure you do.
- What’s that? You missed Tommy Hunter and his antics around the team? Well buddy do I have some good news for you!
- There are several interesting battles coming up in spring training and Meghan Montemurro ($) has a look at how some of these battles will shape up.
- Here’s a very nice article from Matt Gelb ($) about all the players headed to Clearwater.
- After fits and starts, Mookie Betts is finally headed to Los Angeles along with David Price. This time, it’s
even worsein exchange for the previously mentioned Alex Verdugo and Jeter Downs and Connor Wong.
Medicals are done. The Sox/Dodgers deal just requires MLB approval of the $48M cash transfer.— Alex Speier (@alexspeier) February 10, 2020
Not only that, but the prospect that was supposed to go to Boston in the originally reported deal, Brusdar Graterol? Yeah, he’s going to Los Angeles in exchange for Kenta Maeda. You have to at least admire the Dodgers for what they’ve done.
- You know who’s not happy about all this? Possibly Joc Pederson. Why? Well, turns out he’s not going to the Angels after all!
“Best Shape of his Life” check
Since we’re pretty much past rumor season, let’s see if we can find all the BSOHL tweets that will undoubtedly be coming in as players report to spring training.