We’ve made it.
We’ve traversed the endless nothingness of winter and come out on the other side in Florida and Arizona. Spring training has arrived and now we wait for reports of the daily minutiae of how a pitching is working on a new pitch, a hauling over of mechanics, or some other cliche we’ve been accustomed to. And that’s fine! After hearing so much lately of what is wrong with the Astros or the cockamamie ideas coming out of the commissioner’s office, I’ll take it.
- Want to guess what it would have taken for the Phillies to get Mookie Betts? Here’s a piece that speculates on what just such a package might have looked like.
- The Phillies aren’t trading for Kris Bryant. That’s the end, so let’s just move on ($).
- Here is the promotional schedule for the upcoming season at Citizens Bank Park.
- Well well well, looks like David Robertson might pitch again this year. Doubtful.
- It’s being reported ($) that Carlos Beltran was not only the mastermind of the Astros’ sign stealing operation, his standing was so high in the clubhouse that no one would call him out on it.
- One of the first players involved in the scandal has publicly apologized for his role.
- On the Red Sox side of the scandal, apparently their investigation is going to keep heading into the spring.
Nothing yet, folks. They’re coming....