Did you spend all day refreshing Twitter, waiting for a certain piece of news to drop? Many people did, hoping against hope that a decision about the fate of Matt Klentak would be reached, one way or another, as soon as possible. Last year, John Middleton took 11 days to decide what to do with Gabe Kapler, flying around the country to players to solicit their opinions. Will he do the same with his general manager?
It’s interesting that Middleton continues to waffle on a decision as large as this one. Five years of missing the playoffs coupled with a roster that is scraping the luxury tax without much room for maneuvering isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement to keep the marriage together. But hey - stranger things have happened.
- According to Bob Brookover’s source, the decision has been made to retain the services of Klentak. That’ll go over well.
- The corpse of Deadspin took a look at the Phillies’ recently completed season. Give it a read.
- With the Phillies season over, it’ll be interesting who takes the blame for the disaster.
- This might be a few days old, but Rob Manfred still plans on having some fans at some playoff games this year.
- Admit it - you were a little tickled that San Francisco didn’t make the playoffs either. Well, there may have been at least one managerial non-move that didn’t help them at all.