So apparently the playoffs started yesterday.
Could’ve fooled me. I usually take a few days off of baseball if the Phillies miss out on the playoffs since I don’t want to see other teams happy about being able to play for a championship. This year, with the added teams and round, I just don’t have much interest in an even more random series of playoffs, especially when it is totally possible that a team with a losing record makes it to the divisional round while the team with the best record in baseball and deepest roster goes home early. I find that to be ridiculous.
Anyway, on to the links.
- Still all quiet on the general manager front. Is that by design, and what it could mean for Klentak’s future.
- Even in this disappointment of a season, there were some positives that happened in Philadelphia.
- The ownership group is looking more and more like a joke, not being able to make a decision in a timely manner and about to layoff a ton of people. But don’t worry - Middleton is going to spend stupid money! Hey John - put your money where your mouth is or stop wasting our time.
- Speaking of the playoffs, Lucas Giolito is something pretty good huh?
- The Twins lost their 17th straight playoff game yesterday in a pretty familiar fashion. Before you scoff, at least they’re even in the playoffs.
- Our first extension of the season! Yuli Gurriel is staying in Houston.
- The Reds are going to lose some heavy hitters in the rotation this offseason, so they’re possibly going to have to get creative with rotation additions.