As we wrote yesterday, the Phillies’ top prospect lists are coming out. What they aren’t talking about is the type of depth that the team has.
It’s pretty simple: they don’t have much. The guys they have at the top are good and worth a lot, but they don’t necessarily have the guys in the 15-20 range that would move the needle on some kind of major deal. Luckily, Dave Dombrowski was a master at getting value from prospects that didn’t seem like they were anywhere on a top prospect list.
On to the links.
- The team’s coaching staff has been finalized.
- The team is interested in signing Anibal Sanchez to a deal according to Jon Morosi. Interestingly enough, they are doing so so he won’t pummel them for 6 innings each time he faces them.
- Rob Manfred has told teams to be ready to begin spring training on time and to get ready to play 162. Three cheers!
- Even though we are way overdue for expansion, it isn’t happening any time soon ($). That led to Dombrowski coming to Philadelphia.
- Francisco Lindor was introduced to New York yesterday and he was made for that city.