It really does look like we will have a 162 game season coming up. Manfred has been out in front saying that the teams need to prepare for as much, so it looks like they really will forge ahead.
I’d expect that when the players get to spring training in Florida or Arizona that they will have to be in a bubble of some kind. Contracting the virus and having to shut down for a length of time for either quarantining as a close contact or actually getting the sickness could really set a player back. MLB would probably want to at least make sure they start the season on time by requiring all those players to be in a bubble while down there. Once the season starts, who knows.
On to the links.
- While we all await (expect?) the team to come to terms with J.T. Realmuto, it’s also possible that another member of the 2020 offense will be back.
- Spencer Howard expects to have a good season in 2021 after having a rough go of it in 2020 ($).
- The Rockies have avoided arbitration with one of their better pitchers in Anthony Senzatela (“better” Rockies pitchers being faint praise).
- So yeah, those Tatis rumors look like they were all just that...rumor ($).
- By now, of course, you have seen that Liam Hendriks has signed a contract to join the White Sox, getting $39 million over three years with an option for a fourth year at $15 million, or a buyout of.... $15 million?
- The Andrew Benintendi market looks like it will be resolved shortly.