Remember when we thought that the market was going to be cold for players this offseason? Yeah, maybe not so much.
On to the links.
- Think the Phillies haven’t been talking to J.T. Realmuto? HA! Think again. Jim Salisbury reports that Dombrowski actually flew to and met with the free agent catcher.
- Here is one group that has published their top 50 Phillies prospects.
- The Astros have a deal with reliever Pedro Baez on a 2 year, $12-14 million deal (reports still not narrowing it down). This is what I am talking about when I say that the market may not be that bad this year.
- Corey Kluber was showing some good stuff at his showcase for teams. Hitting 88-90 may not sound great, but if he can grab 2-3 more tics on that fastball, he’s a good option for teams.
- The Blue Jays have announced that they have signed Mark Shapiro for five more season as team president.
- Marcus Semien is getting some play among teams that are in need of a shortstop, the Phillies included.
- The Mets have been looking at a center fielder, just not the one you are thinking of.
- Just when you thought that the Padres were done, they’re also doing some background work on Masahiro Tanaka ($).
- So help me if this has any traction, this man is dead to me.