These days, there really isn’t a lot of news going around. We’re left with Twitter notes by the major sports writers. Most of the interesting articles are behind paywalls. It’s just really tough sometimes to find articles to click through.
Thanks for sticking around.
On to the links.
- The Phillies signed Mike Adams from seemingly out of nowhere. Meghan Montemurro ($) talks about his rather odd route to a professional contract.
- Jorge Velandia is the first Venezuelan to hold a position as high as his. In this piece, he talks about the significance of that and more.
- Another team with a hole at catcher fills it with someone not names J.T. Realmuto.
- An interesting discussion about which shortstop you’d rather sign for 2021.
- Six writers took place in a chat about where names like Realmuto, Trevor Bauer and Marcell Ozuna would end up. Six of six said Realmuto would head to Philadelphia. Five of six said Didi Gregorius would come back as well.
- Of course, we have to discuss the rumors that the Braves are beginning to circle around J.T. Realmuto. Sorry, but this feels like an agent dropping names in the hopes of drawing other bidders in at the last second. That said, if Realmuto signs with Atlanta, I’m going to throw up.
- Andrelton Simmons is starting to get some buzz surrounding him.