Baseball is a little bit sadder this weekend.
The fans have lost a champion in Henry Aaron. Many consider him the true home run king of the game, thereby putting him in the inner circle of Hall of Famers. I will take it a bit further: to me, he’s the greatest player of all time. This is, of course, debatable as some will mention Willie Mays, Barry Bonds, Babe Ruth. But I’m going with Aaron simply because I believe him to be the greatest right handed hitter of all time. Defensively, he was no slouch, but even with the bat, he was just devastating.
We are all a little worse with Mr. Aaron no longer among us.
On to the links.
- Last week, we shared a story about recent minor league deal Mike Adams. Here, another version of the story. It really is a good one for the team.
- There is some hope that Alec Bohm’s second go ‘round at third base is going to be better defensively than the first.
- Two recent designees for assignment were picked up by the Braves.
- The Yankees added to their pitching staff yesterday, getting Jameson Taillon from the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Pirates continue their offseason of becoming a stain on the game.
- There was a lot of Aaron content over the weekend. Here are some of the good ones.
- Alex Wood’s contract with the Giants is a unique one, one that makes you wonder if the Phillies were going to be interested in matching.
- The Red Sox added to their pitching staff this weekend, adding Garrett Richards on a one-year deal. They also added Enrique Hernandez to the offense.