J.T. Realmuto is back.
On to the links.
- Perhaps you heard about a re-signing yesterday? J.T. Realmuto re-signed with the Phillies on a deal that will make him the highest paid catcher per AAV in history.
- Realmuto got to this point, the best catcher in baseball, through a lot of hard work and it has finally been rewarded ($).
- The Phillies did it the right way and got the player they wanted all along ($).
- The team also added to their pitching depth, getting Ivan Nova to sign a minor league deal that could pay him up to $1.5 million.
- The shortstop market is moving, with Marcus Semien heading north to Toronto and Freddy Galvis headed to Baltimore.
- Andrelton Simmons signed a one year deal with Minnesota, giving them two excellent up the middle defenders.
- No one was inducted into the Hall of Fame yesterday. One of the candidates has asked that his name be removed from the ballot next year.
- Yesterday, to the surprise of no one, it was reported that it was MLB that encouraged the leaders of the Cactus League to publish the letter asking for a delay to spring training.
- Old friend and TOOTBLAN admirer Cesar Hernandez re-upped with Cleveland.
- The Brewers, losers of the Semien sweepstakes, now might be turning their eyes to a third baseman.