If you’re not a fan of the Phillies division rivals improving themselves, Thursday was not a good day for you. The Mets appeared to pull off a significant upgrade in trading for shortstop Francisco Lindor and starting pitcher Carlos Carrasco.
- As any Phillies fan could tell you, the Phillies still have some work to do this offseason. Fortunately, Dave Dombrowski agrees, and lays out the team’s three biggest needs.
- With one of those needs being relief pitching, should the Phillies see if Craig Kimbrel is available for trade?
- With the trade for Lindor and Carrasco, the Mets have seemingly upgraded their lineup and their rotation.
- Does the trade make the Mets legitimate World Series contenders? Bob Nightengale says they’re certainly closer than they were.
- Understandably, Indians fans aren’t all that excited about the trade.
- There are still a lot of relievers on the market, but Ryne Stanek isn’t one of them, after agreeing to a deal with the Astros on Thursday.
- Japanese pitcher Tomoyuki Sugano will not be coming to America in 2021.
- The trade would seemingly take the Mets out of the running for free agent George Springer.
- With Lindor not an option, it seems more likely that DJ LeMahieu will wind up back in New York: