Rendering this weekend’s series against the Marlins meaningless is probably the best gift the Phillies could have given their fanbase. Miami being their own house of horrors over the years, it’s kind of refreshing that we don’t actually have to pay close attention to them while they are in South Beach.
Of course, we’ll still watch because a) we’ve come this far, b) we’re gluttons for punishment. Might as well enjoy some stress free baseball viewing, my friends.
On to the links.
- Obviously the big story yesterday was the revelations about the player development system. The ghost of Klentak just keeps coming back to haunt us.
- Here’s how one former MVP in this city thinks we’ll get another one this season.
- On better news, seems as though Daniel Brito is doing better in his recovery from a stroke.
- Yes Bryce Harper has been bad in Atlanta - he was due for a slump - but it’s still amazing how much he carried this team this year.
- A good discussion about the best parts of the 2021 MLB season.
- It’s becoming increasingly rare for a pitcher to throw a 200-inning season.
- The Angels are moving a former first round pick back behind the plate in hopes he’ll provide some depth there next year.