Well, well, well.
A controversy in Boston yesterday when the umpires correctly ruled a ball a ground rule double pulled a run off the board for the Rays in extra innings yesterday. For those that don’t like the rule, too bad. It’s in the books for a reason. Don’t worry though; it’s doubtful that we’ll ever see anything like that again in the postseason.
On to the links.
- An important piece of new for the franchise in that the team settled their lawsuit regarding the Phanatic over the weekend.
- With their latest layoffs, the team is no longer holding the values that David Montgomery held close to their hearts.
- A list of report cards is going to grow (you’ll see ours begin today), so here is another one to check out.
- Didi Gregorius being a little sneaky about a tweet he sent out this weekend.
- Jim Kaat used a racially insensitive remark on air and yesterday apologized for it.
- An interesting look at what it might take to extend Juan Soto should the Nationals choose to try. Any number that doesn’t start with a 4 will be rejected.
- The Nationals will be without several coaches next season as they continue their shakeup.