The big news for the Phillies was their reported hiring of Kevin Long as hitting coach. They still need to fill a few more spots, but it is interesting that they are hiring a coach Joe Girardi has been associated with as he enters his lame duck season without a public display of the team picking up his option. This could be the first sign that they are going in that direction, it could be just that the team wanted to grab Long before someone else did. Either way, an interesting hire.
On to the links.
- It is interesting that they went after Long as the coach they wanted. Is this also a bit of a flex of Harper’s influence on the organization?
- It’s that time of year, where others make trade ideas to help the Phillies. Here’s one that actually makes a little bit of sense.
- In addition to hiring Long, it looks like the Phillies might be close to hiring a former member of their coaching staff to help with the infield defense.
- Ron Washington feels he is the right choice to lead the Padres and honestly, he might be right.
- Bringing back Aaron Boone to the managerial job is the biggest question hanging over the team right now.
- Sign stealing discussion was all the rage around the Houston-Chicago series thanks to a late night comment from Ryan Tepera.
- A lot of prospects got better this season in the minors, but these are ten in full season ball that really opened up some eyes.