Let’s get one thing straight: the better team won the NL East. The Braves were better this year than the Phillies and were the deserving winners of the division.
Having watched that series they just played against the Brewers, it’s hard to think that had the Phillies overtaken Atlanta in the final week, they could have stood toe to toe with Milwaukee as much as Atlanta did. The Brewers offense was just awful, coming up very small in the four games they played. With the Phillies having Zack Wheeler, Ranger Suarez and Aaron Nola available for at least four of the games, one has to think they could have had a chance to take the series had they been in it.
One way they could have done so: win more baseball games.
On to the links.
- The team made their hiring of Kevin Long official today. He talked about World Series appearances in the near future.
- Would you pay $16 million for one year of Craig Kimbrel? Seems that is what will happen this offseason for the closer.
- The streaming wars for television shows are well known, but for regional sports networks, it’s just a big a battle.
- You’ll be shocked to hear that the league doesn’t see a way to a new ballpark in Oakland. My guess is with all the gambling partnerships they’ve created, they could see one in Las Vegas.
- The White Sox should have been in that series a lot more than they actually were. It wasn’t a good look for them.
- The Mariners should be spenders this offseason since they were so close to the postseason this year. Here are some moves that would make sense.