The League Championship Series are now set. In the American League, it’ll be a battle between
which two teams can cheat the most effectively two offenses that will put the pitching staffs to the test. In the National League, the Braves will attempt to make the World Series against the Dodgers.
It’s a good group of teams. Sure it isn’t the two best teams in either league over the regular season, but it’s not as if we have some Cinderella stories here. All four teams have been legitimate contenders for the duration of this year. There are strengths with all of the teams, there are weaknesses with all of the teams. It promises to be two good matchups that gets started tonight in Houston.
On to the links.
- Forecasting what will happen this offseason is almost impossible, but these guys try their best.
- It’s a slow news week in Phillies-land, so take this time to catch up on all the reports we at The Good Phight have written so far.
- The surprising news of the day: the Cardinals have fired Mike Shildt, their manager of the last few seasons. I think this story isn’t over yet.
- It’s one of your favorite Twitter accounts. Here is the story behind the Ump Scorecards that give us a record of an umpire’s performance behind the plate.
- It looks like the Cubs will have a new general manager soon, hiring away Carter Hawkins from Cleveland.
- Rumors of Lance McCullers, Jr. missing the ALCS might be a bit premature.