This is always the hard part of the year for Phillies fans. Watching the playoffs without a team to really pull for is hard, as is the fact that no major news is happening while the playoffs are going on. It makes for some tedious reading, but there are still useful nuggets here and there for us to parse out.
On to the links.
- With Kevin Long in the fold, it’s pretty clear who his biggest pupil is going to be as he’ll be tasked with trying to figure out Alec Bohm.
- Speaking of Bohm, it’s always silly season when it comes to potential trade ideas by other teams, but this one is especially egregious.
- The big news was that MLB will start providing housing to its minor league players. The details are sparse, but this is still a good foot forward.
- This one, if true, could be a game changer for those of us clinging to our cable because of live baseball games.
- In line with the terrible call that ended the Giants-Dodgers series, here are the ten worst calls in postseason history.
- Speaking of the Giants, we shouldn’t be changing the postseason because of them, but it’s possible the postseason format changes soon anyway.