How about those Dodgers? Left for dead by even their own fans (seriously, did you see how many were leaving early?!?), they clawed back into the NLCS to suddenly make it a series. Cody Bellinger has seemingly resurrected himself to become a productive hitter and now, with Atlanta planning a bullpen day today, the Dodgers have a real chance to get back and even things up.
Gotta love baseball.
On to the links.
- Arbitration is coming and the Phillies will have several decisions to make with their class of eligible players.
- What to do, what to do with the Phillies outfield (outside of Bryce Harper)?
- Yes, you can blame bad luck for Aaron Nola’s season ($), but let’s not also just swat away that a lot of the issues he had were self-inflicted.
- The qualifying offer for pending free agents has officially gone down to $18.4 million.
- Aaron Boone was being talked about as a former Yankees manager. Now, he’s re-upped for three more years.
- Toronto is going to be a favorite playoff pick next season, so it makes sense that their payroll is going to go up.