The Dodgers saved their season thanks to Chris Taylor’s three home run game against Atlanta. Taylor figures to be a hot name on the free agent market this offseason, but you’d have to think that if the Dodgers had to choose between him and Corey Seager, their other big FA infielder, they’d go with Taylor.
With versatility so much the choice of front offices, Taylor is one of those rare guys who can handle several positions well, including shortstop. That is what will make him so coveted on the market since he could be an alternative to the big name free agents that are out there.
On to the links.
- Re-signing Freddy Galvis isn’t the worst idea in the world for the Phillies in 2022.
- One of the more unheralded prospects in the systems is hitting well in the Arizona Fall League.
- Some key dates to know for the offseason for the Phillies.
- It’s not much, but here’s a little nugget about Bryson Stott buried in this mailbag about prospects.
- A good, thorough look at how the experimental rules MLB wanted to look at worked in the minor leagues.
- As if the Dodgers weren’t in trouble enough, now Justin Turner is done for the playoffs with a hamstring injury.
- Remember yesterday, where I gave you just “Nope” for an article? Here’s another one. No...just no.
- The Yankees are losing another member of their coaching staff, the fourth one to depart.