Today is an off day in the World Series, the series knotted at one a piece. It’s been an entertaining series so far, each offense erupting for an inning, then the pitching holding on just enough for the team that had the lead to be able to keep it.
Now they shift back to Atlanta for three games, beginning tomorrow night.
On to the links.
- We are continuing our report cards with one for Archie Bradley yesterday. In fact, you should read them all.
- It’s possible that the Silver Slugger award Bryce Harper is a finalist for could be the beginning of a busy awards season for him.
- Rob Manfred defended the use of the chop in Atlanta. Now, shockingly, he’s getting flak for that.
- Both Manfred and Tony Clark were optimistic that a new labor deal was going to finished prior to the end of the current CBA ($).
- Miguel Rojas and the Marlins are going to be together for a while longer, hammering out an extension.
- The Mets are Metsing again. It seems no one wants to work for them.
- Ruben Niebla is officially the new pitching coach in San Diego, hired before even a new manager has any say.