Remember the days when we would watch what players did with their homes to try and determine their plans? Zack Wheeler listed his condo in Center City for nearly $2 million, which obviously means he is leaving the team.
In all seriousness, I remember when we were tracking the flight of John Middleton’s private plan to Las Vegas during the halcyon days of the Bryce Harper free agent chase. Seems like just yesterday.
On to the links.
- Bryce Harper was chosen as the National League’s Most Outstanding Player by the MLBPA. Here’s hoping it’s just a prelude to the big ones.
- We’re all looking to save some money with our limited funds and so are the Phillies. Here are some suggestions for cheaper free agents to be had ($).
- This might be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. PETA wants MLB to change the name of the bullpen to the “arm barn”. Stupid people. Just stupid, stupid people.
- The Cleveland Indians are being sued by a local roller derby team over their impending name change.
- Big news out of San Diego as the team and Bob Melvin have agreed to a three-year deal for Melvin to leave Oakland and become the Padres’ manager.
- Albert Pujols is planning on playing again in 2022. He better really hope the NL adopts the designated hitter.
- The many twists and turns of the Athletics’ ballpark situation added another one yesterday.