The Yankees and Red Sox start things off tonight by playing the American League Wild Card game in Boston. A lot of people would have rather seen another team(s) duking it out for the right to head to Tampa Bay, but there is something to be said about this historic rivalry taking on another chapter.
Usually, the Yankees-Red Sox series of the early 2000’s were pretty special since the two teams were so close in talent level, but there was a little bit of hatred between the two. Those days of teams actually being angry at each other seem like a thing of the past, but at least with the stakes so high in a winner-take-all game like the Wild Card, maybe we’ll see the juices flowing once again in Boston tonight.
On to the links.
- When Bryce Harper talks, the team needs to listen and they need to listen about the kind of overhaul Harper is proposing.
- Is it possible for the team to finally break the playoff drought in 2022?
- The team’s to-do list is long, but here is what they really, really need to do in 2022.
- Joe West is finally retiring from the game. I will leave it to you to discuss whether that is good or bad.
- Luis Rojas will not be back in the Mets dugout in 2022 with his option being declined.
- Shohei Ohtani and the Angels will be looking at extending the relationship between the two of them.
- Ryan Zimmerman is undecided on playing next year, but the Nationals will leave the light on for him.