I’m going to go full “crotchety old man” mode here for a minute.
First, get rid of two-tone jerseys in the playoffs. Everyone should be home white and road grays. Last night was a classic matchup between two storied rivals, but we were subjected to the Red Sox’ horrible red uniforms. A travesty it was.
Second, why are these wild card games starting at 8:00? Doesn’t MLB know they’re going to have the rest of the postseason to have games start late? Why not just have these two wild card games start at seven to attract more younger fans? Kind of a silly move.
On to the links.
- Is it possible that Hector Neris’s record breaking strikeout was the last one he has as a Phillie?
- Tangentially, this is a Phillies story, but here’s how well Gabe Kapler has done since being fired by the Phillies.
- Bryce Harper mentioned the young players need to step up, so here are some of those young players that need to step up.
- A Phillies mailbag to start the offseason!
- The oldest living MLB player has passed away. Eddie Robinson was 100.
- The wild card game is probably going to disappear, a joy to some and a disappointment to others.
- Here are all the burning questions you have about the playoffs, answered by the great Jeff Passan.
- Clayton Kershaw thankfully won’t need surgery, but he ain’t pitching this October.
- The Rockies locked up one of their young starters, guaranteeing Anthony Senzatela five years more.