Today is one of the greatest days in baseball. Today is the quad-game day where all the playoffs are happening at the same time. From 2:00 until about 1:00 a.m., you can watch every playoff game today. It always leads to a lot of drama, so make sure you’re watching it.
On to the links.
- If the lack of an extension for Joe Girardi feels familiar, that’s because they’ve done this with their former manager once before.
- Here’s one way that the Phillies can fix the bullpen in 2022.
- A smaller news nugget, the Phillies let go one of their longtime PR guys yesterday.
- Here are some reasons why each playoff team will, or will not, win the World Series this year.
- A.J. Preller has gotten rid of most the people he thinks are responsible for the Padres coming up short, but from the sounds of it, he isn’t going anywhere.
- If you were interested in a film about this year’s extremely tight MVP races, boy have I got some good news for you.
- Before his team took the field, Astros owner Jim Crane spoke about a few things, specifically Carlos Correa and his impending free agency.
- The Mets are getting rid of most of their coaches now that Luis Rojas has been let go. The one coach they’re keeping looks like he’s going somewhere else in the organization.