How about those Astros?
If you were anything like me, you were ready to pass out after two days of trick or treating, so the idea of staying up late to watch the World Series march toward an inevitable Braves victory after a first inning grand slam was not appealing. Waking up to see that the Astros stormed back to win the game was quite enthralling, so now we have more baseball this week. Yay.
On to the links.
- Prospect Hans Crouse is still putting up big strikeout numbers in the Arizona Fall League, perhaps helping his rotation-making case in 2022.
- Former director of player development Josh Bonifay was hired by the Rangers this week.
- Calling the job Joe Girardi did a “miracle” is certainly one way to approach it ($).
- In a move that should surprise no one, the Mariners are declining Kyle Seager’s option. Seager could be an interesting option to pursue for the Phillies.
- Beloved Red Sox announcer Jerry Remy passed away after a bout with cancer.
- At this point, it might be easier to say who isn’t interested in the Mets’ front office job rather than who they are pursuing.
- Kind of surprising that the Marlins’ pitching coach worked this whole year while also battling cancer. Good for him; he was rewarded with a contract extension.