The World Series picks back up again tonight with the Braves one win away from claiming the title. That got me thinking: which is the better outcome ? Either the Phillies will have to listen to Braves fans for the entirety of the 2022 season brag about their championship, which would be torture, or they’ll have to begin the season in Houston and watch them raise their banner on Opening Day. Neither one is a good choice, but which one is the lesser of two evils:
This poll is closed
Braves fans being a championship fanbase
Watching Houston raise the banner on Opening Day
On to the links.
- It’s that time of year, where blockbuster deals are bandied about the interwebs. This one is a doozy and it involves the Yankees ($)!
- Baseball America gave their draft report card on the Phillies ($). From the looks of it, they did pretty well.
- The Padres made their hiring of Bob Melvin official, signing him to a three-year contract to get them to the heights they should have been at on paper.
- The Red Sox lost a coach that had taken their offense to some pretty high highs.
- Kind of sad, but it’s possible that we have seen the last pitcher hitting in a game now that the Series heads back to an American League ballpark.
- Minor leaguers want to make sure they have a say in any mandate that would require them to get the Covid-19 vaccine.